Greetings!


I want to advertise an open position in my research group. Recently,  I have received funding from Turkish Science foundation on the subject of  'Studying active nano particles on two dimensional complex boundaries; formation of life crystals.'

I have funding for 2 students one undergraduate and one Ph.D student.  I am trying to find a PhD student where I can be a co-advisor since our department is pretty young (just formed 1 year ago) and we do not have graduate program yet.

The position is open for 3 years and salary is 1800TL per month. If you are planning to do PhD in physics  just register for a program in a university and  agree with an advisor to conduct Phd with me, that is all. Ideally, this works best if you are in Izmir area.

About the requirement, be motivated and show up  time to time and report your studies. That is about it. This is a simulational work and you should not hate computers! If you are doing engineering that is also ok. During this work you will utilize COMSOL  package program which is a useful program for engineering work.

Ok, so what is the problem: It is about non-equilibrium statistical mechanics. Specifically, it is about Active Brownian Motion. I am trying to show crystal formation and emerging  structures in active matter. The active matter is the fancy name for  the physical model of micron sized alive particles. Like E-Coli bacteria. These are so small they do Brownian motion in water, means they are kicked by water molecules and as a result they do zigzag motion. But they inherently produce energy and that is why they are  not in equilibrium in time (as long as they are alive) They have motility  (forward motion) and chirality (rotational motion).  I will look at their statistical description in this project.
here is a link for my recent paper in this area: paper

If you are interested please let me know.
cheers



Comments

Popular posts from this blog