Is science game?

science is game. I always find one line description of thing is lacking; like life is game, chess is life,  power corrupts etc. One aspect may be, yet a whole picture. Same goes with science.Still, it is the most fun part for me.
My phd advisor used to say “come on Gursoy if you dont do it fast we will be scooped!” after our competitors published a new result. She is humorous, like her famous question to me “ what is the color of electron? It should be blue” I learn this attidute toword science for myself. Scientist are  trying to do things to beat the game, to compete with others. Think you are scavenging hunting, similar! Of course there are rules
to this game, first of all, no cheating is allowed. The context of science game should be inside science, if you do that I n a different setting, like to get money from government, and if that becomes the priority than rules can be broken and I learned not to that from early age. That is my main motto for my students as wellplay game with its rules.
New generation of students are very feedback oriented. They require present or punishment as soon as possible, like in a computer game. In science that takes time. It's important to enjoy the processLearning can be considered a positive feedback. Think as if you are investing to yourselves.
I think if you are an aspiring scientist, think science as a game and have fun!
Ok here is your chess proplem: white plays and mates in 4.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog